Sometimes we can't remember things from the past and sometimes we forget to do important things in the present. We can use these ten phrases for these situations...
Ten Expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing
1) (I'm afraid) I can't remember.
2) I completely forgot.
3) My mind's gone blank.
4) (Sorry) I have no memory of...
5) (I'm afraid) it doesn't ring a bell.
6) I have no recollection of...
7) Sorry, I forgot.
8) I simply forgot to do it.
9) What was I thinking of?
10) Oh no, it completely slipped my mind.
How To Use These Phrases In Your English
1) Phrases 1 - 6 are for things in the past that we can't remember.
2) Phrases 7 - 10 are for things that we forgot to do in the present.
3) Phrase 3 gives the idea that I don't remember now but I might remember some time later.
4) Phrases 4, 5 and 6 mean that you don't even remember that you knew the information at one time in the past.
5) Phrase 5 means that a name, place or face is completely unfamiliar when you see or hear it again.
6) Phrase 9 suggests that the speaker is angry with himself or herself for forgetting to do something.
にほんブログ村 ランキングに参加中！Thank you for your click!
- Related Entries