Sometimes other people are really excited about things that you find boring. Here are ten phrases to tell people how tedious you find something, but be careful you don't offend them...
Ten Expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing
1) How boring / tedious / dull !
2) What a bore!
3) It bores me to tears.
4) It leaves me cold.
5) It does nothing for me.
6) It's as dull as ditch-water.
7) I can't see what all the fuss is about.
8) It's as interesting as watching paint dry
9) I'm afraid I don't share your enthusiasm..
10) I can't say that I find it interesting.
How To Use These Phrases In Your English
1) Phrases 1, 2, 3 and 6 are really very strong. You can say this to somebody who probably agrees or who you know will not be offended.
2) Phrases 4 and 5 are saying that you feel no emotion at all about a certain thing or topic.
3) Phrase 7 means that other people are interested in the subject but that you cannot understand why they are interested.
4) Phrase 8 is saying that it is extremely boring by comparing it to watching paint drying - which most people consider a very boring activity.
5) Phrases 9 and 10 are more polite. However, you are still saying something negative so you may want to soften it by saying “I'm afraid...” or “I'm sorry to say...”
にほんブログ村 ランキングに参加中！Thank you for your click!
- Related Entries
- ~ 頻繁に使用される英国句 ~ Useful English phrases to know and use ~ “CHEERING PEOPLE UP”
- ~ 頻繁に使用される英国句 ~ Useful English phrases to know and use ~ “CHANGING YOUR MIND”
- ~ 頻繁に使用される英国句 ~ Useful English phrases to know and use ~ “BEING WORRIED”
- ~ 頻繁に使用される英国句 ~ Useful English phrases to know and use ~ “MAKING SMALL TALK”