Cheering People Up
Sometimes other people around us feel a bit down or unhappy about something. Here are ten phrases you can use to try to make them feel better...
Ten Expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing
1) Cheer up! / Chin up!
3) It's not the end of the world.
4) Worse things happen at sea.
5) Look on the bright side........
6) Every cloud (has a silver lining).
7) Practice makes perfect.
8) There are plenty more fish in the sea.
9) Lighten up!
10) There's no use crying over spilt milk.
How To Use These Phrases In Your English
1) Phrases 1 and 2 are informal and can be used when someone looks unhappy.
2) Phrases 3 and 4 are well-known sayings which can be used to console someone who feel that things are very bad. They should probably not be used if things really are very bad.
3) Phrases 5 and 6 are suggesting that the other person should try to see the positive side of the situation.
4) Phrase 7 is used to encourage and cheer up a person who is finding something difficult or feeling frustrated about not being able to do something.
5) Phrase 8 is used specifically to cheer up somebody who has just finished a relationship. The speaker is trying to encourage them to look for a new partner.
6) Phrases 9 and 10 can seem less sympathetic and suggest that the person needs to forget what has happened and move on.
にほんブログ村 ランキングに参加中！Thank you for your click!
- Related Entries