We British have a great variety of ways to thank people and showing appreciation for a gift or an act of kindness. Here are ten of them...
Ten Expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing
3) Thank you very much.
4) I really appreciate it.
5) You've made my day.
6) How thoughtful.
7) You shouldn't have.
8) That's so kind of you.
9) I am most grateful.
10) We would like to express our gratitude.
How To Use These Phrases In Your English
1) Phrases 1 and 2 are fairly informal. People often say them without really thinking about it. We use them when somebody does something small to help you.
2) Phrases 3 and 4 are more formal. We use these when somebody has done something quite large or important to help you.
3) We use phrase 6 when somebody gives you a present. We are saying thank you to the other person for thinking about you and deciding to give a present.
4) Phrase 7 is also for receiving a present. You are saying that the other person is too generous. It does NOT mean that the person speaking is angry or annoyed.
5) Phrases 9 and 10 are more formal. Phrase 10 is especially formal and is only used in business letters and formal speeches.
にほんブログ村 ランキングに参加中！Thank you for your click!
- Related Entries
- ~ 頻繁に使用される英国句 ~ Useful English phrases to know and use ~ “WAYS TO SAY THAT YOU ARE WELL”
- ~ 頻繁に使用される英国句 ~ Useful English phrases to know and use ~ “UK CLOTHES AND FASHION”
- ~ 頻繁に使用される英国句 ~ Useful English phrases to know and use ~ “THINGS YOU DO WHILE DRIVING”
- ~ 頻繁に使用される英国句 ~ Useful English phrases to know and use ~ “TEN WAYS OF SAYING HELLO”