As it is Sunday, I’m making today’s list a little short, so you can hopefully have a restful day. The words are written in a way to help with the correct pronunciation ~ remember them and do use them . . .
1. Experts -> ‘Expert’ is defined as someone who has advanced knowledge or skill in a particular area.
When it comes to the subject of history, a history teacher is an example of an expert.
The definition of expert is someone who is very skilful or has advanced training and knowledge in a particular area or field.
An example of someone who would be described as an expert is an Olympic athlete, who could be described as an expert in his or her sport.
2. Audacious -> The definition of ‘audacious’ is bold, daring or fearless.
Wearing a very low cut dress to a conservative event is an example of audacious.
A shy housewife travelling to a war torn country alone is an example of an audacious act.
3. Modern -> ‘Modern’ is having to do with the current time.
An example of modern used as an adjective is a modern oven that has current features and technology.
Modern is also defined as a style of art, design, or fashion that is very different from past styles.
An example of modern used as an adjective is the modern home design of a concrete home.
4. Popular -> The definition of ‘popular’ is widely liked or well known.
An example of something popular is cookie dough ice cream.
5. Beginner’s luck -> ‘Beginner’s luck’ is good fortune in a first attempt or effort, as in I often use a brand-new recipe for a dinner party; I trust beginner's luck.
6. Guide -> The definition of a 'guide' is someone or something that instructs others or shows others the way.
An example of a guide is someone who leads you on a hike.
An example of a guide is a book that teaches you how to use a new computer software program.
To guide is defined as to show or direct someone in how to do something.
An example of guide is when you lead people on a hike and show them where to go.
7. Spectacular -> The definition of 'spectacular' is something noticeable or dramatic, especially when something is notable because it is so beautiful.
An example of something that would be described as spectacular is a large, gorgeous and eye-catching diamond ring.
8. Splendid -> The definition of 'splendid' is gorgeous or wonderful.
An example of splendid is a magnificent wedding celebration.
All the words I have shown you this week, USE THEM ~ don’t just read them and forget them, use them in your conversations and in your writing of stories or letters to people ~ everyone will be really amazed out how your level has GONE UP SO MUCH...!!
See you all next week for another theme ...
にほんブログ村 ランキングに参加中！Thank you for your click!
- Related Entries